b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rochelle Altman <willaa AT netvision.net.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:39:47 +0200

Hey! Both of you -- watch it. I did not assert that the Masoretes had tin ears, also -- I said "probably" -- which is a different kettle of fish. Please do not put words in my mouth..

Rochelle Altman

Yitzhak Sapir answering ...
> (Rochelle Altman mentioned that the Masoretes had tin
> ears, could that be a reason that they and their followers
> did not distinguish these sounds?

I don't know. What are tin ears and how does Rochelle
Altman intend to support her claims of such?
[snip]

Yitzhak Sapir