b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] New -- a modern Hebrew translation of LXX Genesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] New -- a modern Hebrew translation of LXX Genesis
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:28:28 -0800 (PST)

This may of interest to some on this list . The book was published by
Bar-Ilan Univeristy .Thanks to J.Lauer for the inormation.

Uri

BIBLICAL STUDIES
ANNOTATED HEBREW TRANSLATION OF THE SEPTUAGINT VERSION OF GENESIS
M. Zipor

In this volume the Septuagint is translated from Greek to Hebrew. The
Greek version serves as the oldest textual testimony and exegesis. The book
includes a suggested reconstruction of the original Hebrew text with emphasis
on the differences between the Septuagint and the Masoretic texts, extensive
explanatory notes and comparisons with other ancient exegesis and textual
sources.
Hebrew.
ISBN 965 226 240 4
(in press)

Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.