b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ugaritic; textbooks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Herman Meester <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ugaritic; textbooks
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:42:12 +0100

Hi everyone,
It seems I have to learn Ugaritic for something I want to study in
Hebrew. What would the experts here say are good textbooks? Is there a
nice collection of transcribed texts, or is it all scattered over
various journals? I just want to get a good impression of how its
syntax and morphology works, I'm not going to study Ugarit culture or
anything. Sorry for bothering you, and thanks a lot.
Herman