b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] KY interrogative? was Deuteronomy 20:19 )DM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] KY interrogative? was Deuteronomy 20:19 )DM
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:48:19 +0000

@Karl:
Hey Karl, I think I have found some, tell me what you think.
KIY can introduce a rhetorical question without the H particle. If you have
H.A.L.O.T. it list some. p 471
1 Sam 24:19 V:KIY-YIM:C' 'IY$ ET-'OY:BW W:$LLXW B:DEDEK
and if a man finds his adversary, does he send him in the way that is good?
HALOT also list Isaiah 36:19 under this catagory. So it sees the KIY
introducing a question as well.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net