b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Yom in Biblical and Rabbinic Texts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Yom in Biblical and Rabbinic Texts
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:03:26 +0200

Shoshanna,

Are you saying that G-d's holiness-light did not exist before He said "vayehi or"?

The Oral Torah, as passed down by Haza"l (tell me if you have another source) reflects an allegorical understanding of the Creation story - they knew quite well that "yom" here cannot mean a 24-hour day.

Yigal

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>