b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Passive sentences in Esther?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Passive sentences in Esther?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:20:54 -0400

Luke,
By coincidence, I have entered a humorous speech contest this Friday with a
speech about the book of Esther.

I think Esther chapters 1-7 is the funniest story ever told.

I titled my speech, "Coincidence".

I hadn't noticed, but the passive verb in 2:22 is another coincidence.
Thanks for sharing. I think I will make use of it in my speech.

The Stone Tanach has a note on 2:22 "The plotters spoke in their native
Tarsian tongue, not expecting Mordechai the Jew to understand them (Megillah
13 b)."

-Steve Miller
Detroit