b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amos 1:1 Earth Quake

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: clayton bartholomew <threetreepoint AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amos 1:1 Earth Quake
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:57:09 -0700

On Oct 9, 2005, at 8:48 PM, George Athas wrote:

It was a fairly big earthquake that occurred c.760 BC. If I remember
correctly (and this is really stretching my memory), Yadin found
evidence of it in his excavations at Hazor. Perhaps someone else could
back me up (or correct me) on this.

Thank you George,

Looks like your memory is pretty good. Does anyone know if there are any ancient references to this event independent of the biblical ones?

"Don't know much about hisstoorie" :-)

thanks,

Clay Bartholomew