b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Did Plato know about the Old Testament?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George Athas" <gathas AT hotkey.net.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Did Plato know about the Old Testament?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:44:52 +1000

Hi Joel!

Just a suggestion: Philo is very interested in Plato, and seems to find
Plato all through the Torah. I know the connection you're looking for is
the other way around (Hebrew Bible to Plato), but research into Philo
might turn up something regarding the other way, too.

Best regards,
GEORGE ATHAS
(Sydney, Australia)