b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Matthew Guest" <ememjee AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:48:16 -0700

It is my understanding that the consonants are "YHVH" not YHWH. The etymology
being (Phonetically) "Eyah awsha eyah" meaning "I am that I am", Or "I will
be what I will be." This is not up for debate. The Massorah makes it quite
clear in two places.
Both are acrostics, one found in the book of Esther, and the other in The
Psalms.