b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:5-8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Vadim Cherny <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:5-8
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:12:11 +0500

On 03/10/2005 16:42, Vadim Cherny wrote:

And an exegetical question, Would any of you profess the religion where God
formed people and animals from earth?

Vadim, this is not an exegetical question, but the answer, for me and
millions of others (Jews, Christians and maybe others) the answer is
"yes". Not that I take this too literally. And then, if you think about
it, modern science also teaches that people and animals are formed from
earth, from elements taken from earth, although God is generally left out.

What would you have formed people and animals from, if (God forbid) you
were God?

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)