b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Language Evolution - Out of Bounds

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Language Evolution - Out of Bounds
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:55:23 -0400

OK, I know I am not the moderator but this whole discussion
is just silly.

1) What does this have to do with translating Hebrew?

2) Does anyone here have any first hand knowledge of C14
dating techniques. Not what you read on someone's web page
but what you yourself know? Is the gas counting technique
still viable or has it been comp Dr. Libby, who invented
C14 dating, won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1960.
There is the slight chance he knew something about
chemistry.

3) There was just a long thread complaining about every
newby who has read one Hebrew grammar book and is now an
expert on translating the Bible. Unless there are some
radio-chemists out there, you don't know what you are
talking about.

Let's stick to translating Hebrew.

Jack Tladatsi