b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] re- copyright laws

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, b-greek AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] re- copyright laws
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:13:19 -0400

Kevin Woodruff is kind enough to email and let me know that some of the works that I mentioned a bit ago are under copyright protection. I asked him if copyright extended to the United Kingdom, where the sites previously mentioned were hosted. He replied that The Berne Convention protects copyright internationally. As a result, I have removed the links to those sites and also from Biblical Studies Resources. Though things are available online, if they are illegally so, I would be loathe to imagine that I had somehow participated in that illegality.

--
Jim West