b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] kap or kop

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Tyler Williams" <lists AT biblical-studies.ca>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] kap or kop
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:19:37 -0600

Thanks Solomon,

That is what I was wondering, though Kittel/Hoffer is very inconsistent
then, since everything else in the grammar follows Modern Hebrew/Shepardi
pronunciation. For instance, she doesn't follow Ashkenazi pronunciation for
bet (Ashkenazi beis), dalet (Ashkenazi doles), tzadi (Ashkenazi tsodi), or
any other consonants or vowels.

Very strange, IMHO.

-Tyler

_____