b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] God vs gods

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] God vs gods
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:07:13 +0000

Oh I think the reason for the plural is because it is a masculine plural
construct. W:`AL ELOH"Y....

The only reason I would see for translating it as a singular is because the
verb BYN is singular, and usually that is how you know whether or not one God
is in view or many gods are in view. The LXX has KAI EPI TOUS QEOUS. So it
is probably plural from what I can see.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net