b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Everett Fox's Exodus 3:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Awohili AT aol.com
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Everett Fox's Exodus 3:14
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:58:03 -0400

This is a dvar Torah I once heard at Neve Yerushalayim in Israel - that G-d is saying that "I will be to you whatever you need me to be - teacher, friend, parent, judge - whatever it is that you need"

Shoshanna

I deleted it by mistake, but someone asked how Everett Fox translates Exodus
3:14.

"God said to Moshe:
EHYEH ASHER EHYEH/ I will be-there howsoever I will be-there.
And he said:
Thus shall you say to the Children of Israel:
EHYEH/ I-WILL-BE-THERE sends me to you."