b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 06:26:59 -0500

I previously sent this only to Yitzhak by mistake.

I am wondering; I beleive that Jerusalem actually existed for a long time,
as a fortress; and that the archeological evidence shows that but just does
not show that there was a city there.

But if I knew it was mentioned in the Amarna letters, I've forgotten.
Where and in what context is Jerusalem mentioned in the Amarna letters?

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com