b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] heno- v's poly- theismin the torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Brian Roberts" <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] heno- v's poly- theismin the torah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:30:59 +0100

Brian wrote:
"Isn't the usual change given as moving from henotheism (i.e. the
pre-emenence but not exclusivity of one god) to monotheism (the
exclusivity of that one god)?

Best Salaams,

R. Brian Roberts
Amateur Researcher in Biblical Archaeology
"

Yeah. Whatever. I'm not very big on technical terminology. As
long as what as I say is clear and easy to understand.
Henotheism. I'm gonna have to learn that one.

Security System.

Security System.
>From yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com Fri Jul 29 10:34:53 2005

h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;

bþRGcH8SiQ+7Jv2GkuXfYYN+6IzZDaFli73AMqkM/GUQLmopGl1UA9rQ/V6i0jvCsmcdwJAivksmNiDhitKN5/PBeuqwrrG3EKjCFDZanc8hQ+wwtDFmk3/MYE/Je7e2eyZggW9/agc+JBbL5zgXL5bgicHQrBzkjHOUulTq32MReceived:
by 10.36.8.10 with SMTP id 10mr3145268nzh;
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:34:24 -0700 (PDT)