b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew calender?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew calender?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:02:03 +0200

Just an interesting item I hapened to come across: I. Eph'al and J. Naveh,
in their Aramaic Ostraca of the Fourth Century BC from Idumea (Jerusalem:
Magnes Press), p. 30, list an ostracon that mentions a delivery of pegs,
dated to the 15 of second Adar. There is no year mentioned, but the ostraca
are from around 350 BCE.

Does anyone know of an earlier mention of second Adar?

Yigal