b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] More on the findings at Nachal Tut

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] More on the findings at Nachal Tut
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net> wrote:
Arutz Sheva News Service
http://www.IsraelNationalNews.com

Monday, July 11, 2005, 4 Tammuz 5765

JEWISH PRESENCE IN THE LAND OF ISRAEL OF YESTERYEAR
By IsraelNationalNews Staff

".....The name Amichai [MyPeople Lives]..."

Actually when the term "(am" -- Am with an 'Ayin -- appears in theophric
Semitic names it refers to the deity as "kinsman", derived with a word
meaning "uncle". A name like 'Amnichai meant " the deity is alive".

.

".... The words “for the king”..."

The original is LMLK and means "belonging to the King". As attested by
quite a few jar handles from that period. Compare this to "Mizmor L'David" in
the HB.

Uri

http://mail.yahoo.com