b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Q: How to use Hebrew in HTML pages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Alain Verboomen - TanakhML Project, Brussels" <alain AT tanakhml.org>
  • To: Baruj Diez <barujdiez AT yahoo.es>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Q: How to use Hebrew in HTML pages
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:47:03 +0200

Dear Baruj,

A quite easy way could be:

1 - to install a keyboard for typing UNICODE Hebrew - I suggest, for instance, Tyndale Unicode Font Kit (available for both PC and Mac), http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/Fonts.htm

2 - then, to simply key in hebrew in an HTML editor supporting UNICODE (I use the Eclipse platform) after switching your keyboard to "HE" (for "Hebrew").

Tyndale keyboard enables to key in fully vocalised and cantillated hebrew.

Good luck!

Baruj Diez wrote:

Dear B-Hebrew citizens,

I would like to write some HTML pages with some text
in Hebrew (using UNICODE) and would like to know what
is the best way to do it.

Thank you and best wishes,