b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] WLC Unicode Text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: cpaman AT bellsouth.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] WLC Unicode Text
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 01:19:17 +0100

On 01/05/2005 03:21, cpaman AT bellsouth.net wrote:

Would anyone on this list be able to point me to a source of information on getting Unicode to work for me? I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Microsoft Word 2000. I have downloaded the UPS10.dll and EZRA SIL SR and have them installed. UPS10.dll I installed in both IE directory and my WORD directory. However, I still get the boxes when I go to the site with WLC and load text. If there is a site or a previous thread that will assist me I would appreciate any assistance either off-line or through this group.

First, you need to enable Hebrew support in both Windows 2000 and Word 2000. The first is done through Control Panel, select Hebrew as one of the supported languages. The second is done through a special application Microsoft Office Language Settings, again select Hebrew support. You should then get no boxes but the correct characters, although for correct positioning of accents you need the latest version of usp10.dll which is not available with your out of date setup.

usp10.dll should be in windows/system32, not just in your IE and Word folders. But you probably have some version of it there already, so this is unlikely to be your main problem.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)