b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Why would the scribal authorities find this objectionable?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wattswestmaas <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Why would the scribal authorities find this objectionable?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

Verse 22 continues the description in verse 8 where Abraham is
described as standing under the tree. Thus verse 22 reads: ..." and Abraham
still [ (wdnw - odenu ] stands...."

Uri

wattswestmaas <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net> wrote:
GENESIS 18:22

"the Lord yet stood before Abraham" and "Abraham yet stood before the Lord"
the first sentence being substituted for the latter in the masoretic notes.

I do not understand why the scribes would object to the first rendering?

Chris Watts.

http://mail.yahoo.com