b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Viewing the Unicode/XML version of the Westminster Leningrad Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christopher V. Kimball" <mail AT cvkimball.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Christopher V. Kimball" <mail AT cvkimball.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Viewing the Unicode/XML version of the Westminster Leningrad Codex
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:59:50 -0400

The Unicode/XML version of the Westminster Leningrad Codex is an XML-based site that takes XML files into screen displays using XSLT transforms and JavaScript. These technologies aren't implemented by all browsers and factional differences (Microsoft/world) cause compatibility problems. To my knowledge, the site works correctly ONLY with the following browsers:

Mozilla Firefox 1.0+
Internet Explorer 6.0+
Avant 10.0+
Netscape 7.2+
Mozilla 1.7.3+

I'll add the Mozilla Camino browser and others to the list if someone can confirm their operation with the site.

The site requires the downloading of the free SBL Hebrew (or SIL Ezra) fonts to show the accents. On Windows machines, all browsers require the downloading and installation of the usp10.dll module to provide the best rendering. See the Installation link on the home page for details.