b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: how does the eagle become new?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: how does the eagle become new?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:11:05 -0700 (PDT)

It is a reference to renewal of youth. The Golden
Eagle sheds its feathers every year and grows new
plumage thus looking fresh. Renewal of man's youth by
God is compared to the Golden Eagle getting new
plumage.

For info on eagles molting and some spectacular images
of the Golden Eagle (which is a species found in
Israel)
http://www.americanbirding.org/pubs/birding/archives/vol36no3p278to283.pdf

Best wishes,
Sujata