b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The mystery of vav-consequtive

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: David Roth <daroth AT JTSA.EDU>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, Kirk Lowery <klowery AT wts.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The mystery of vav-consequtive
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:42:03 +0100

On 28/04/2005 14:36, David Roth wrote:

Sperber is referring to Biblia Hebraica (either 1 or 2), but certainly not BHS.
Notice that Rolf Furuli cites "Biblia Hebraica" (as opposed to the BHS
apparatus, on which he comments later) ...

Thanks for the clarification. I was misunderstanding Rolf as abbreviating the full name of BHS to "Biblia Hebraica". But I don't see what is the relevance to this discussion of this obsolete Biblia Hebraica. Let's simply forget it.

Since you mention Kirk Lowery's work with the electronic text of
Leningradensis, can anyone point to a statement of purpose for the project?
I have a couple of questions about it:
1) Will it include the Masorah?
2) Will this version have the rafe marks (it seems that any diplomatic
representation of L should have these). It would be fairly easy to remove
them automatically for those who find them to be annoying.

I think you should ask Kirk Lowery this in person (klowery AT wts.edu), as he may not read this thread.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)