b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Karl - Ex 34.7 - punish or visit inquity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Karl - Ex 34.7 - punish or visit inquity
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:15:56 -0500

Jack:

So, according to the translators, PQD means to punish. So in 1 Samuel 14:17
the people were punishing? There are many similar verses.

About the worst people to use as authorities are translators, because 1) they
often follow tradition rather than take a scholarly stand and 2)
they often interpret rather than just translate.

There was another person who was on this list, who answered almost every
controversy by quoting trnaslation after translation.

Karl W. Randolph.