b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 15 & Punishment

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 15 & Punishment
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:41:10 -0500

Jack:

The United States is going to be punished for the Roe vs. Wade decision. Yes,
the people who actually made the decision are long dead and
buried. The people who will actually bear the brunt of the punishment were
either not born, or were too young to have any say on the
decision. So it certainly looks like that the children and grandchildren of
those who made the decision are being punished for the sin of their
parents. But no, the punishment is not for the decision per se, rather it is
for the national defense of that evil decision though all these
following years, the murder of innocent humans based on who they are and not
on their moral nor legal guilt, and based on the fact that there
has not been one serious national attempt to overturn this illegal (even the
judges involved admitted privately that they were legislating from
the bench, brought out when one died and his private papers become public)
and immoral ruling.

The above paragraph is an example of what Ameleq did. The opposition to
Israel during the Exodus was just the opening salvo, but it set in
motion a pattern that was to last centuries, some of which were recorded in
Judges. This was a national judgment. What God mentioned is
merely the first action, and the reader would be reminded of all the
following actions that followed the same pattern. What the pnishment was
for is not only for the actions of the ancestors, but also for the continuing
actions following the ancestorsÂ’ pattern.

Karl W. Randolph.