b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Reading the Hebrew Bible.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles Rempel" <CharlesR AT mygalaxyexpress.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Reading the Hebrew Bible.
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:59:38 -0500

> In a message dated 4/21/2005 1:50:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
> emmanuel.le4 AT wanadoo.fr writes:
>

> Would anybody have any suggestion of a reading list, from the
> easiest book for example to the most difficult?

Hi Emmanuel,

May I suggest starting with the book of Proverbs, written for teens,
repetitive but witty content. Followed perhaps by Psalms for sheer majesty
and personal comfort. Followed by Ecclesiastes for little somber reflection.
After that study the books which interest you, remembering, as previously
mentioned that Job and Isaiah might be left later.

Charles D. Rempel