b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Guilt to the 2nd & 3rd Generation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Guilt to the 2nd & 3rd Generation
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 4:42:01 +0000

Karl et al.

The question was, were their examples of punishment visited
upon the later generations for sin of the father? I merely
pointed out examples of this. I did not make any judgement
as to the ethics or equity of that punishment, merely that
it was called for and carried out. I also noted that the
fact that Ezekiel condemned it, indicates it was practiced.
I made no assumptions as to the actual guilt or innocence
of those condemned.

Jack Tladatsi

  • [b-hebrew] Guilt to the 2nd & 3rd Generation, tladatsi, 04/21/2005