b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] etymology?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] etymology?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:58:31 +0200

Karl,

This makes excellent sense if we KNOW that words with seemingly identical
roots must be semantically related. You have stated this to be the case, but
I don't think you have demonstrated it.

If you don't have time to post the evidence right now, I quite understand. I
myself don't have time to dig out the list of roots seemingly supporting my
point of view. We'll just leave it at that for the moment.

all the best,
Soren

  • [b-hebrew] etymology?, Søren Holst, 04/04/2005