b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Lost Causes Job 39:13 -- minor consolation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Lost Causes Job 39:13 -- minor consolation
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:05:18 -0800 (PST)

> Clay Bartholomew wrote, inter alia:
>
> "....I have worked on more than my share of large scale lost causes and I
> thought
> that biblical philology was going to get me away from all that
> angst...."

Clay, As a minor cosolation consider this --- most prose sections in the
HB are quite clear. I don't think there was ever confusion between Abraham
and Isaac as to who fathered whom, nor in the dramatic duel between David
and Goliath who the winner was. This refers to the narrative, rather than the
history.

So, considering the age of these texts, one may actually feel quite
satified with what has been achieved so far.

Kol Tuv Uri

Make Yahoo! your home page