b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] morpho-syntax, was Proverbs 5:16 a declaration or a question?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] morpho-syntax, was Proverbs 5:16 a declaration or a question?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 00:00:40 -0500

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:59:17 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
writes:
> Harold:

<SNIP>
> To give a modern example: I enjoy science and going to the local
> science museums. I was taught a definition of what is science from a
> textbook authored by Dr. George Gaylord Simpson, one of the top
> evolutionists of the last century (when he retired, Stephen J. Gould
> took over his chair at Harvard). But looking at the definitions of
> science and evolution I was taught leads to the logical conclusion
> that evolution, by definition, is not a scientific theory, never has
> been and never can be. I have yet to see a logical argument
> demonstrating how evolution can be a scientific study. So while
> visiting the museums, I sometimes talk to high school and college
> interns, teaching what I learned from Dr. Simpson’s textbook, giving
> pointers on how to think critically and logically. When I run into a
> resident scientist, he usually concludes that I don’t know what is
> science and starts teaching me a basic definition of science, at
> which point I ask, “You think I don’t know this?”

Could you please refrain from such drive-by shootings? We could get into
a discussion of evolution, but I hardly think that is the purpose of the
list. I'll only say that you give a rather erroneus conception regarding
the subject.

george
gfsomsel