b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dating the Psalms by language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "R.Lehmann" <lehmann AT uni-mainz.de>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dating the Psalms by language
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:04:27 -0500

I just came in on this; I'd be interested in the linguistic evidence.

Some of the psalms are clearly very old because they are the same hymns as
hymns to Ba'al, Yam, and El, with different gods' names. That would have
to be period of the judges. I think there are also several tha techo the
Song of the Sea, which is equally old.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas