b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Tov's Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark Wessner" <wessner AT telus.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew (ASCII) (B-Hebrew (ASCII))" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Tov's Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:15:53 -0700

Hi,

I have a copy of Tov's Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible published in
1992. Is the revised 2001 edition significantly better, in terms of its
analysis of the development of the consonantal text (i.e., pages 29 and
following of the 1992 edition)?

On a related topic, what would you recommend as your top two or three
sources for an analysis of development of the Hebrew text (say, from pre 300
BCE to 1405 CE)? My personal library is small (my best sources for this
topic are Tov, Waltke and Brotzman) and I am a fair distance away from some
of the better libraries, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Mark

Mark D. Wessner (mark AT wessner.ca)
Professor of Religious Studies