b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Gordon Cyrus and Ugaritic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yocabo Rabinowitz <ugariticscholar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Gordon Cyrus and Ugaritic
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:43:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have not posed for a while I am a student under Frederic Putnam. I am
dredging through Cyrus's Grammar of Ugaritic. Take my email with a grain of
salt too. Can anyone give me any suggestions on Approaches to the language.
I know hebrew Paleo-Hebrew The Misc. Cana'anite languages like Moabit
Elabite etc. Aramaic and Arabic. Can anyone give me some hope because the
wedge thingies look very similar. Could someone help a poor Semitic
Scholar. I want to Get to Akkadian and Sumerian but feel that this is a good
Gateway language to those. So please pray for me and
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mail.yahoo.com