b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] RE: niphal-sorry and sorry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] RE: niphal-sorry and sorry
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:24:35 +0200

but for example we have genesis21:32 a niphal
third plural VERB and prov 2:22 identical except for the sere underneath the
resh but nevertheless identical.
Yep, it must be this cold that I have because i have made the most
embarrassing mistake over this gen 21:32 - I really don't know what i was
doing!!!!

OK what really I do not understand is the original question (prov 2:22).
It is not niphal that I know (my head is a bit loose at the moment) BUT WHY
the vowel pointing so far removed from the qal - I mean it coud'nt be more
obnoxious could it?

I mean I get really super fed up after having learned the RULES, and then
LEARNING the DEVIATIONS from the rules and then learning the deviations from
the deviations -- just when i think that I am getting somewhere, along
comes some irritating EXCEPTION to the DEVIATION from the
DEVIATION!??!!??!?!?!?!?

Chris!