b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 64:4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 64:4
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Harold and George,

I did mean Is 64:4 in the English Bible and my
question particularly is about the phrase "O God". In
KJV I have "O God" in NKJV and others I have "A God",
in JPS (Is 64:3) "A God" and in the Qumran scroll
translation "O God". So I am wondering what is the
exact translation from Hebrew, is it "a God" or "O
God".

I truely appreciate your help.

God Bless,
Sujata