b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shishak
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:33:11 +0100

On 28/08/2004 01:46, MarianneLuban AT aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/27/2004 4:45:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, formoria AT carolina.rr.com writes:

Now you're speaking of two different things. One can be correct yet persuade noone. Cassandra, anyone? Being correct does not require a consensus. Being correct requires only that one's arguments contain the facts.

However, in science, if you persuade no one--then you are out of luck.

Actually, I would disagree. The point of science is to find the truth, and publish it. If I persuade no one, then I suppose I get no more funding, but if I was interested in public acclaim rather than the truth I would go on the stage rather than into science.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)