b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] connections b/w semitic and indo-european languages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jason AT jhronline.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] connections b/w semitic and indo-european languages
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

Trevor & Liz,

Do we have any records of the Hittite language that
the original question regarded? Liz gave two examples,
/pardes/ and /dat/, of loan words from Persian. Do we
have evidence of other specific Indo-European
languages that might have left an influence on early
Hebrew?

Thanks for what you've already sent. That was
definitely a speedy reply. :-D

Jason

--- "Peterson, Trevor M 06PETERSON"