b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Torah
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:22:58 -0500

Thank you, Dave

Actually I thought I was AGREEING with Marianne when she said:

Our Torah has been
revered for so many generations, I believe, not just because it contains the Law
of Moses. I think it goes beyond even that and that Jews even forgot why the
Torah is so holy and just assumed it must be on account of the Law.

I just added that most Jews I know did not forget why the Torah is so holy.

I don't know why Marianne got so angry at me, and I don't know why people who believe in G-d and the Divine origin of things, are called "fundamentalists"

Shoshanna

Please, fundamentalists--go in peace. But do not try to divide this forum
into "believers" and "unenlightened".

Um, you're the one doing that. Shoshanna has been on this list for many years
now and has always treated other views with great respect, even while
disagreeing with them. She has earned at least the same level of deference
and respect for her views. There's no need for her or anyone else to "go"
anywhere, in peace or otherwise.

--
Dave Washburn