b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] RE: Amalek

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] RE: Amalek
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:17:35 -0500

Well, according to the histories that I have, the Amelekites were an example
of a southern desert people that the Israelites actively competed with and
also had constant problems with. That story occurred over a long period
of time and probably wasn't dead yet when the Assyrians moved into the area!
In fact, I don't think those bedouins ever disappeared, just changed into a
different name.

I would like to read the fascinating findings about Amelekites that you
wrote you found!

I think there was discussion about them in some BAR articles, particularly
those about standing stones.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas