b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] )HYH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "frater three" <fraterthree AT lycos.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] )HYH
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:18:56 -0800

Dear members,

I have some questions on )HYH (Exodus 3:14):
1) Are the vowels of )HYH: Segol, Shewa, Segol? Are those vowels the oldest
known for )HYH? Are there any other variants of vowels assigned to )HYH? Is
there any difference in duration between the first Segol and the second one?
2)I'm interested in the chanted version of )HYH. Does anyone know how to
chant it? Is the first Segol more prolonged than the second one like
E-E-He-YeH? Does anybody know the musical tone for each syllable?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Fernando

  • [b-hebrew] )HYH, frater three, 07/08/2004