b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] How many warriors?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] How many warriors?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:09:13 +0200

Dear All,

This is probably an un-answerable question, nevertheless I am sure that
there must be plenty of other un-related sources that may contribute to a
reasonable guess at the following.

How many fighters do you think Amalek had during the battle with Yoshuah?

The motivation for this question is to attempt to understand his blatant
audacity at even thinking he could somehow gain from this confrontation. I
know that earlier he was nit-picking at the weaker back sections but this
would not explain his belief that he could take on a huge force and I am
only guessing at what Yoshua could have mustered maybe 25 000?? even more?

I am a bit in the dark here so I appreciate the input.

Thankyou all, Chris.