b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>, "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:27:02 -0500

No, it isn't logical proof, but it is statistically highly likely that they
are the same. Clearly tribes of that nature in that place had all kinds of
names. Usually not geographical ones. Usually tribes had quite specific
names. Not many tribes that were not related to each other were called
"Banu yamin".

Don't anyone try to tell me again that it is the same situation as thinking
two people named Samuel are the same!

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas