b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Philologos Forward column re: Ha'aretz article ("Questioning the Marks")

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joseph I. Lauer" <josephlauer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <jewish-languages AT lists.jewish-languages.org>
  • Cc: philologos AT forward.com
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Philologos Forward column re: Ha'aretz article ("Questioning the Marks")
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:42:39 -0400

The following is posted solely for information purposes.
In this week's edition of the English language Forward (dated June 18,
2004), "Philologos", the Forward's language columnist, published a column
entitled "Questioning the Marks" in which he discusses the proposed Hebrew
spelling reform recently put forth by Dr. Mordecai Mishor, a member of the
Language Committee of the Hebrew Language Academy. The proposal was the
subject of a long article by Yemimah Evron in the June 4, 2004 Hebrew
language edition of Ha'aretz.
The Philologos column's URL is
http://www.forward.com/main/article.php?ref=200406161145
The Ha'aretz article's URL is
http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=435092
The June 11, 2004 "weekend" edition of the Hebrew language Ha'aretz had
a few letters to the editor critical of the proposed vowelization reforms.
Unfortunately, those letters did not have a "permanent" URL and apparently
cannot be accessed on the Internet (although I saved them as a Word
document).
Joseph I. Lauer
Brooklyn, New York

  • [b-hebrew] Philologos Forward column re: Ha'aretz article ("Questioning the Marks"), Joseph I. Lauer, 06/17/2004