b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] OT Translations & LXX

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <david.kimbrough AT charter.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>, <phil-eng AT ighmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] OT Translations & LXX
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:09:08 +0000

I would only add that not every ancient Greek translation is properly the
septuagint (LXX). Strictly speaking, the LXX is only the Greek translation
produced by the Judean community of Alexandria between the first third
century BC. Other later translation include Aquila's, Theodotion's, and
Symmachus's.