b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Weak verbs again - sorry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "Lee Roy Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Weak verbs again - sorry
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:10:01 +0200

Hello Lee, thatnkyou. But that really throws a spanner into the works. The
very definition of stative, apart from the idea of a state of being, is that
these are intransitive by nature, but in this sentence we do have an object,
ie -- 'Me'.

Chris.

Dear Chris,
The verb in question is stative. With the addition of the suffix the
initial patach is reduced to sheva.
The stative tsere remains in place, and the connective vowel patach is
lengthened to qamets because it is pausal.
Blessings,
Lee R. Martin