b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Exodus & Hyksos

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Joe Baker <joebaker AT cygnus.uwa.edu.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Exodus & Hyksos
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:47:20 +0800

Hi Uri and Harold

Uri
On Professor Manfred Görg's article.
A Google search on "Görg Israel" will bring up a few references.

In addition, on another list, I have seen a post by Peter Van der Veen (a
Ph.D student studying Iron Age Judah) telling how he has heard from a Dr.
Martin Heide, that the Munich Egyptologist, Dr. Stefan Wimmer, has been to
see the Berlin stela and feels that Görg's reading was a very legitimate
one. (Apparently Dr. Heide has been working closely with Dr. Wimmer on
hieratic signs found on Judahite ostraca).

And yes I am well aware of previous proposals that support the idea that the
"exodus" was only the story of a few returning. Their logical arguments have
obviously influenced me.

Harold
If "Jephthah the Gileadite" is writing to the "king of the Beni-Ammon", what
do you make of verse 24?
"Will you not possess what CHEMOSH, YOUR GOD, causes you to possess?
Likewise all that YAHWEH, OUR GOD, caused to be dispossessed before us, it
we will possess".
Since when did Chemosh become the god of the kings of the Ammonites?

Regards
Joe Baker ===========\
Perth                |
Western Australia ===/