b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Advanced Hebrew Grammar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Advanced Hebrew Grammar
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:50:33 -0600

On Thursday 20 May 2004 21:16, wrote:
> Fellow Members of the List
> I want to purchase an advanced Hebrew Grammar. I have "Gesenius' Hebrew
> Grammar/Kautzsch, translated by Cowley, Second Edition." What is the best
> current Grammar?

The best known one at this point is Waltke & O'Connor. Here is a link to the
amazon.com listing:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0931464315/qid=1085154474/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-8206263-2280754?v=glance&s=books

(watch out for word wrap)

Van der Merwe has a new one out as well, based on discourse analysis. Here's
the link to that one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1850758565/qid=1085154528/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-8206263-2280754?v=glance&s=books

Hope this helps,

--