b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] $wbb from two roots?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] $wbb from two roots?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:45:22 -0500

To All:

It appears that the lexeme $wbb comes from two roots: from $bb which seems to
carry the comcept of moving from one’s proper place, or when dealing with
belief the idea of becoming apostate, and as a pilel for $wb with the concept
of being returned, restored. Using an unpointed search, it appears about 15
times in Tanakh. It appears that the context is what tells us which root to
attach any particular usage of the lexeme. Am I reading this aright, or am I
overlooking anything?

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm